· 2 New York Strip Steaks cut 1.5” thick
· 3 Cloves Garlic
· Kosher Salt
· Coarse Ground Pepper
· Half Red Onion, Dicede
· 4 Tbsp Butter
· 1 C. Red Wine
· 2 C. Beef Stock
· Coarse Ground Pepper
· 6 Slices of Thick Bacon, Diced
· 10 Dashes Worcestershire Sauce
· 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
· 1 Bunch Asparagus
1. Place the MEAT! Sous Vide cooker in a tall pot and fill the pot with warm water above the minimum fill line. Set the sous vide temperature to your desired
doneness. Keep in mind, we will be searing our steaks after they are removed
from the sous vide so set your temperature approximately 15°F lower than your
final desired temperature. We think medium rare is perfect for this recipe, so we
will set our Sous Vide temperature to 120°F.
2. Put a small pot on medium heat, then mince/dice your garlic, onions and bacon.
3. Place all the ingredients from the previous step into the hot pot.
4. Simmer these together until the garlic and onions have caramelized and the
bacon has cooked.
5. Pour in your red wine, beef stock, and Worcestershire sauce then simmer the
sauce until it has reduced by half. Stir occasionally and add salt and pepper to
your desired level.
6. Season your New York Strip steaks with kosher salt and coarse ground pepper
and then place them into appropriately sized sous vide bags.
7. Once the sauce has reduced, add in your tomato paste and butter, then simmer
for another 2-4 minutes until the sauce has fully incorporated.
8. Pour your sauce over the steaks, then seal the sous vide bags and place them in
9. Set a timer for 1-hour then remove the steaks from the MEAT! Sous Vide cooker.
10. While the steaks cook wash your asparagus then roll it in olive oil, kosher salt and coarse
ground place pepper. We will throw these on the grill alongside our steaks.
11. Once the steaks have reached our desired temperature in the sous vide, remove them
from the bags and bring them to your Primate Grill and Griddle. You can use either side
to sear your steak, just make sure the cooking surface is hot before starting.
a. You’ll want to sear your steak on high heat for 1-minute per side, or until a
crispy crust has formed.
b. Remove your steak when it has reached your desired internal temperature, for
medium rare we are looking for 130-135°F.
12. Grill your asparagus alongside your steak and remove from the grill once they’ve
begun to soften in the middle and char at the tips.
13. Allow your steak to rest for at least 5-minutes and enjoy.
a. Pro Tip: If you have any leftover sauce use it to top the steaks and
asparagus to really impress people.