- Remove and trim the outer casing from the heart. This other layer is chewy along with the ventricle tubes at the top of the heart.
- Slicing across the heart, starting at the bottom, cut into ¼- to ½-in thick slices.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper or other favorite seasoning.
- Heat the olive oil in sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the heart slices and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until it reaches an internal temperature of 135F.
- Add the heart pieces to a bagel slice and top with cheese and enjoy.