Prep: 35 min|
Cook: 10 min
Recipe Provided By Reed Schoedl
- To ensure best consistency, freeze MEAT! grinder auger, housing, large grinder plate, and wild turkey meat for 30 minutes prior to grinding.
- Assemble grinder and grind turkey.
- Combined lemon pepper, chili powder, salt, and garlic. Hand mix ingredients into turkey meat being careful not to over mix. Form patties and set aside. Should form between 2-4 thick patties.
- Preheat cast iron skillet on stovetop over high heat. Slice bacon strips in half and cook until crispy. Remove bacon from skillet and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium-high heat and add burger patties to bacon grease. Cook patties for about 5 minutes on each side, flipping only once. In the last minute, place cheese over patties and melt.
- In a separate skillet, add butter and set on high heat. Once melted, add mushrooms and onions and stir occasionally until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Toast hamburger bun.
- Plate the bun. Smear each side with creamy horseradish and mustard. Then layer the bottom bun with romaine lettuce, mushrooms, first burger patty, 2 bacon pieces, pickles, grilled onions, second burger patty, remaining bacon slices, and avocado slices. Unhinge your jaw and enjoy!